The Model S-4 Semi-Automatic Scale System is a great first step to take your business from hand scooping to automation. Your bulk product is placed in the supply hopper at the top of the machine. The S-4 uses an electromagnetic vibratory feeder to move the product from the supply hopper to the weigh hopper where it is weighed. When the target weight is reached, the Controller stops the feeder, and the weigh hopper opens automatically or with the foot switch to dump your product into your container. A new fill cycle is started and your filled bag may now be sealed.
Example: To run a relatively free-flowing product into a 1lb. package, the product is loaded into the hopper, and the total weight is set at 1lb. After starting the first fill cycle with the foot pedal, the controller will automatically switch into "learn mode" for the first cycle. During this time the controller tests the flow characteristics of the product and decides the best speeds and durations for bulk and dribble. The controller will automatically change the vibratory feed from bulk to dribble and stop the scale at 1lb. The bag is removed and sealed. Each successive container is now filled by placing it under the funnel and depressing the foot pedal.
The Standard S-4 includes:
• Self-adjusting controller
• Reads out to 0.10 gram or .001 lb
• Controller range up to 50lbs.
• Supply Hopper cap. 3.5 cu.ft. (equivalent to 5 five-gallon pails)
• Includes Standard chassis:
• All product contact surfaces 304 stainless steel
• 120V 60Hz (240V 50Hz options
• Handles all dry bulk from powders to large parts
• Can be used with all bags and rigid containers
• Automatic tare adjustment
• On-the-fly, self-adjusting bulk & dribble speed control
• Up to 800 fills/hour
CUSTOM MACHINE DESIGN TOOL
• Overall height: 68"(41.5" Table Top model) occupies only 22" x 30" of floor space
• Supply Hopper capacity: 3.5 cu. ft. (equivalent to 5 five-gallon pails).
• Scale Total Weight: 135lbs
• Power Requirements: 2 amps, 110 volts 60Hz AC
• Air Requirements: <0.25 cfm air supply at 30psi
• One year limited warranty
This is a major upgrade from manual measuring. We use the S-4 to package pecans and peanuts but it will be great for coffee or any product with a diameter of roughly 2" or less.
Can I spec out my own machine?
What makes Logical Machines so special?
- Logical Machines has been designing and manufacturing semi-automated scale systems of unsurpassed speed, accuracy, and dependability in Vermont since 1994.
- The entire focus of Logical Machines—from design & administration to production & service—is on the filling needs of small to medium-sized businesses.
- Because of our focus, we can offer the highest quality scales on the market at prices that will maximize your return on investment.
Features common to all Logical Scales
- All purchased machines components are all from top-shelf American manufacturers.
- All fabricated parts are made and assembled in Vermont.
- All of our machines are assembled, tested and shipped from our facility in Charlotte, VT.
- All contact surfaces are laser cut and TIG-welded 304 stainless steel. Frame components are powder coated 1-1/4" square tubing with an 1/8" wall.
- Our proprietary software in our Logical Controller II enables the controller to set itself up and learn the characteristics of your product for maximum speed and accuracy.
- Speed and accuracy are maintained during every fill cycle by the Logical Controller II's ability to self-adjust on-the-fly.
- The Logical Controller II is a modular, plug-and-play system. In the unlikely event that you should have a problem with your Controller, the solution is only one overnight shipment away.
- All scales are shipped fully assembled and ready to run.
Can I spec out my own machine?
Yes! Ask us about our custom machine quote generator!