Clean Stream Afterburners
Eco-Friendly Coffee-Roasting Pollution Control
What Sets Clean Stream Afterburners Apart
Their proprietary designs offer the perfect blend of modern aesthetics, efficiency, and functionality. The result is a clean exhaust stream, virtually free of smoke and odor. Whether you’re required to have pollution control equipment or you’re simply interested in being more environmentally friendly, Clean Stream Afterburners are the solution!
What is the destruction efficiency stats of the catalytic oxidizer systems?
Clean Stream Afterburners drastically reduce Smoke, Odor, Fine Particulate, CO and VOC created during the coffee roasting process. Our most fuel-efficient Clean Streams are considered "Catalytic Oxidizers" because they use a small gas burner and a "catalyst module" to facilitate the break-down of exhaust pollutants. They typically achieve a 95% destruction efficiency at only 750 F. The low operating temperature means they use substantially less fuel than standard afterburners which operate at around 1300 F, making the Clean Stream substantially less expensive to operate. All Clean Streams have multiple safeties and feature UL, CE and CUL listed components. Clean Stream Afterburners offer the perfect blend of modern aesthetics, efficiency and functionality.
What are the catalytic oxidizer system features?
- Highly Fuel Efficient - Huge savings over standard systems
- Standard Catalyst Module achieves 95% Destruction Efficiency
- Be Green! - with high efficiency and low pollution
- Will meet strict emission control standards and requirements
- Mini-helic gauge and High-Pressure shut-off switch standard
- Components by Honeywell, Midco, Hoffman and Belimo
- Proprietary Compact, Efficient & Modern Design
- Low Operating Temp - Only 750 F
- Gas flow is automatically modulated for efficiency
- Thick layer of insulation keeps the outer shell safe to touch
- Center is completely lined with 316L Stainless Steel
- 3-year warranty - One of the best in the business!
- Typically ready to ship in 3-5 weeks
- Financing and lease options available
- Made in the USA by highly skilled craftsman
What about the catalyst maintenance?
The Catalyst Module
All Clean Stream Afterburner "catalytic oxidizer" systems have a removable catalyst module (bottom left). The catalyst facilitates the break down of smoke, odor, VOC and CO at only 750 F. Our catalytic oxidizers come standard with a catalyst module which typically achieves 95% destruction efficiency, but can be upgraded to achieve 98%.
Catalyst MaintenanceOver time, chaff and residue may accumulate on the catalyst, which will require cleaning with compressed air or a shop-vac with brush attachment. To remove the catalyst, simply unlatch the curved access door located towards the top of the afterburner, remove the insulated "cover block", and slide out the "catalyst module". It's that easy!
What about the control panel?
The Control Panel
All Clean Stream Afterburner "catalytic oxidizer" systems have a sleek Hoffman control panel. The centerpiece of the panel is a high quality Honeywell UDC1200 temperature controller, which is the brain of the whole system. It will read the current temperature inside the afterburner and automatically adjust the burner output as needed, keeping the system right around 750 F at all times. Also standard are a "main power" switch, "burner on/off" illuminated push buttons, and a Mini-helic gauge to measure back-pressure.
Are there any options or accessories?
Options and Accessories
- Various size afterburners to accommodate all size roasters
- Optional Clean Stream Cyclone for chaff collection
- Placement of the inlet duct, gas and power cord on either the left or right side
- Various color options available for the base & control panel (black is standard)
- Optional quick-clamp connection ducting in galvanized, stainless, or various colors
- Waterproofing and remote control panel for outdoor installations