The very accurate and easy to operate Model S-5 semi-automatic scale has automatic tare, automatic feed and speed controls for both bulk and dribble feed rates, and automatic set points. The product flow from the hopper to the feed pan can also be controlled by an adjustable slide gate.
To run a relatively free-flowing product into a 10lb. package, the product is loaded into the Supply Hopper, and the target weight is set at 10lb. The package is placed on top of the scale, and the table is adjusted (up/down) so that the funnel is inside the bag in order to keep the bag "standing" when empty. After starting the first fill cycle with the foot pedal, the controller will automatically switch into "learn mode" for the first cycle.
During this time the controller tests the flow characteristics of the product and decides the best speeds and durations for bulk and dribble.The controller will automatically change the vibratory feed from bulk to dribble and stop the scale at 10lb.The bag is removed and sealed. Each successive container is now filled by placing it under the funnel and depressing the foot pedal.
All product contact surfaces are stainless steel and easily disassembled for dry wiped-down and cleaning.
The Standard S-5 includes
• Bulk filling for weights of up to 50lbs.
• Self-adjusting controller
• Controller Reads out to 0.10 gram or .001 lbs.
• Scale range from 1 gram up to 50lbs.,
• Supply Hopper capacity 3.5cu.ft. hopper (equivalent to 5 five-gallon pails)
• Includes Standard Chassis:
• All product contact surfaces 304 stainless steel
• 120V 60Hz (240V 50Hz option)
• Handles all dry bulk products from powders to large parts
• Can be used with all bags or rigid containers
• Automatic tare adjustment
• On-the-fly, self-adjusting bulk & dribble speed control
• Up to 400 fills/hour
• Overall height: 5'8" (68"), occupies only 24" x 30" of floor space.
• Supply Hopper capacity: 3.5 cu.ft. (equivalent to 5 five-gallon pails).
• Table Size: 16" wide x 18" deep.
• Table height adjustable to accommodate containers from 3" to 36" high.
• Scale Total Weight: 140lbs.
• Power Requirement: 2 Amps, 110 Volts 60Hz AC
• Air Requirements (only if Dribble Feed Gate is installed): <0.25 cfm air supply at 30psi
• One year limited warranty
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes Logical Machines so special?
- Logical Machines has been designing and manufacturing semi-automated scale systems of unsurpassed speed, accuracy, and dependability in Vermont since 1994.
- The entire focus of Logical Machines—from design & administration to production & service—is on the filling needs of small to medium-sized businesses.
- Because of our focus, we can offer the highest quality scales on the market at prices that will maximize your return on investment.
Features common to all Logical Scales
- All purchased machines components are all from top-shelf American manufacturers.
- All fabricated parts are made and assembled in Vermont.
- All of our machines are assembled, tested and shipped from our facility in Charlotte, VT.
- All contact surfaces are laser cut and TIG-welded 304 stainless steel. Frame components are powder coated 1-1/4" square tubing with an 1/8" wall.
- Our proprietary software in our Logical Controller II enables the controller to set itself up and learn the characteristics of your product for maximum speed and accuracy.
- Speed and accuracy are maintained during every fill cycle by the Logical Controller II's ability to self-adjust on-the-fly.
- The Logical Controller II is a modular, plug-and-play system. In the unlikely event that you should have a problem with your Controller, the solution is only one overnight shipment away.
- All scales are shipped fully assembled and ready to run.
Can I spec out my own machine?
Yes! Ask us about our custom machine quote generator!